About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 12, 2016

Holy Land - Jordan

 This is the baptismal site of Jesus.
It's significant because on this same week, Singtel aired Morgan Freeman's The God Story.  It was a very 'odd' coincidence in my book.

I find it strange because, I flipped channels to find this documentary.  It explores the areas in Jordan and even the Vatican archives.

Personally, I do not subscribe to everything the Catholic bible says - a priest described me as being a 'protestant'.  I am not one who swallows unverified information preferring to always ask for clarification.  However, as with a lot of religions, it's lacking in that department either because it's on a need to know basis or that the higher ups, just don't know themselves.  Which brings me to where I am - a spiritual person, but not a religious one.  I uphold philosophies strongly because they make more sense to me.

The documentary probes the Apocalypse - and it's rather obvious that people in general, religious or not, are interested in the impending Apocalypse.

A rabbi featured in the documentary, clarified that the Messiah that they are searching for is not of the Order of the supernatural but one of man - which I find to be fascinating.

The anti-Christ already ruled and died - but the belief is that he is able to re-incarnate into any lifetimes.

There was discussion about the symbol of the Anti-Christ : 666.

As this generation grapples with terrorism, climate change and global warming, perhaps we forgot the scriptures left behind for us to use.

We might find that if we went back to basics, we might be able to make this Earth more habitable and safe.

 These pictures were taken in Jordan this week.

Today, we see it as holy ruins.
Yesterday it was a holy place bustling with believers.

As mindless terrorists blow up other historical ruins, we best keep the photos of those still standing because ages ago, those places meant something to some people and it was there for a reason.
This is today.
No one knows what will happen tomorrow.

For now, it's very much a calming ruin.
Calming because whatever our belief system, the sheer size and intricate carvings are enough to make one stare in awe at how devoted they must have been to have done this without modern engineering.






















No comments: