About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 05, 2016

Being an Introvert

One thing out, another thing in.
Isn't that the way things always are?

I just had a nightmare of a weekend with my supposed BFF and even as I was drawing deep breaths to keep calm, another calls to inform me that she's back and would like to have TEA this weekend.

I am booked with work all week.  Today is my only sane day this week and Saturday is supposed to be my other sane day until I confirmed TEA.

This BFF is different - because she has life really going for her and she doesn't need to prove anything to me.  Why my other BFF feels the need to, I don't know.

I am looking forward to TEA because quirky as I am, so is she.
She speaks her mind and prefers that I do the same.
We do not need to remind ourselves to be civil to each other, because we already established that respect long ago.

So I AM looking forward to having TEA with this BFF because I know I will feel better afterwards, because she will assure me by not stressing me out unnecessarily.

I spent the afternoon playing catch up with the latest season of Gray's Anatomy.  I found some truths there - I burn bridges.  Correction.  I don't just burn bridges, I cremate them with no apologies or regrets.

I declined a date today, because I wanted to veg out.  I chose the telly over a date with a guy.

Bottom line is : I'm so much a closet introvert that no one around me ever realises that.
After a bru-ha-ha day, after another day, I need that quiet - I need alone time - I need to re-charge alone just so I can remain sane and continue being the clown that I am in public.

No comments: