About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 03, 2016

When is enough, Enough?

We wonder how some people are just intolerant of others - they don't try to be nice and they certainly speak their mind.
Generally, when dealing with people I'm not familiar with, I am that polite only because I don't want to have to deal with their complaints and whining.

Just over this long weekend away, it occurred to me that my best friend from college has grown older in age but not in her thinking OR intelligence.


So I told her about this 'phenomenon' which was/still IS, the talk of the 'town'.  It's all over the social media.

She asked me how that animal was born with a human face.

Frankly, how does one reply to an obvious situation.  Given that the person I told this to has a PhD in BioChemistry and if we don't want to consider level of education, then she's past 50 years old.

I cannot believe she asked me that question so I refused to give her an answer.  

It's okay to be ignorant about somethings, but to be ignorant about something this basic is disgusting.  She kept asking me why and I made a face and said - I'm not even going to go there.

This after I told her, its easy to actually find out what happened, since we do have the science of DNA.  She still didn't get it.

Imagine my disgust, that I had to put up with this ignorance, coming from a person who doesn't allow me to smoke in the room or in her presence; a person who doesn't flush the toilet after she pees; a person who needs to sleep with all the night curtains closed and a person who thinks I shouldn't write a review on a restaurant on Trip Advisor because I didn't like the noodles.

So I decided that the weekend which just went past, is my last vacation with her, my best friend - provided of course, she will remain to be my best friend.

I give in because it's my nature to accommodate people's whims.   BUT if I have to do that at my every vacation, then it's not really my vacation is it?

So, farewell to my best friend who was my travel mate.  Will she remain to be my best friend - not sure, since I don't have tolerance for ignorance or selfishness.

So when someone is nasty, don't jump the gun and say they are - because when nasty people are nice, people take full advantage and go FULL THROTTLE on stupid.







No comments: