About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 15, 2016

Why the need to Preach?

Perhaps, I have grown up in a rote-learning medium, and repetition works for anything requiring exact recall.

So people PREACH.

I do not have a problem to read religious text or anything remotely acquainted with religion. BUT.  I have a problem when people try to do interpretation of a passage and cite examples from their life (presumably) and have the expectation that everyone will share their interpretation.

It's best to keep moral/ethical teachings simple.

Don't kill another person, because the law doesn't permit you to do so without repercussions on your present life.

There is no need to find a quote that is close to what you want to say and use that as a basis for arguing.

The more the compulsion, the more inaccurate the citations become.  I see it as a desperation to be right.

Every day, I have to put up with at least one person preaching.  It's annoying.

Chapter 3: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

If a child comes to me and says, he failed his Math,  I'm not going to tell him that he missed the proverb above.  BUT I surely will tell him he didn't do enough Math worksheets to grasp the concepts.

I heard a preacher make this connection a few weeks ago (not at a church since I retired that activity).

I believe in GOD.
BUT I do not think that GOD will appreciate that I trust him to a degree of totality that I will sit pretty and do nothing.

My understanding is : GOD will help those who help themselves.
My understanding is : I cannot get a PhD unless I sign up for the programme and attain the grades for the degree to be conferred.

SO I trust in GOD yet I lean unto my own understanding of the situation so that I can better adjust to meet expectations.

These are the half-baked preachers who shoot their mouths off to kids who do not know better.  Where is GOD now? Someone is polluting the minds of His creation.

It's okay to dish out advice - do it from experience, do it by the civil law book.  Don't do it because you think you can get away with it.

No comments: