About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 23, 2016

To turn a blind eye

This is a trait many many people have.

The idea is, if it doesn't concern us personally, why bother to get someone else into trouble OR why bother to meddle.

In my book, meddling means, nothing good is going to come out of it.  I WILL meddle if it's for the general good.  It is in my nature to use my eyes for what it's supposed too be used for i.e. LOOKING WITH SCRUTINY.

Some might think that it's a 'quarrelsome' nature - yes and no - it depends on the perspective you are concluding that from.

I'm a stickler for order.  I like to know where things are.  I like to know that when we say we are on the same page, we are.  I don't like people getting away with things, because that's not what progress and improvement is all about.

If we want to get better, we take the good, the bad and the ugly and run with it.

My entire life, is almost about running from my 'social circle'. I run because I prefer never to have to tell another person how to be that person.  It's not that I operate from a moral high ground, it's just that we need to learn how to be accountable for our actions.  That is the bigger thing to do.  Admit to a huge mistake.

Professionals I have come across, people who earn tens of thousands of dollars a month, lack that trait.  They rather cower in their guilt, plead ignorance and keep drawing that pay-check which saves their behind.

Friends will tell me, why be the one who sacrifices.
I tell them, because I can.
The difference between people like me and people like that is, we don't need a huge pay-check to be who we are.  We are the few who believe that a square peg cannot go into a smaller round hole.  We do not subscribe to making that round hole larger so we can push the square peg through.

We do not lack intelligence to get us out of bad situations; we don't because it's not right.  No moral high ground here, just highlighting the ticks from the crosses.

We are not law makers, we are the ones who uphold the law and expect others to.  It doesn't matter which brand of law - societal law, criminal law, civil law....it doesn't matter.  Fact is, it's there for all.  No discrimination.  Applies evenly.

At least we like to think so.
Never turn a blind eye for someday, that eye will be blind for real.

No comments: