About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 20, 2006

Blood is Thicker than Water?

How do we start afresh, when people from the past keeps popping up and asking for an update? I met an old friend this morning - my ex-schoolmate, who was a neighbour's boyfriend. It's been eons since we last met - and so much have changed in my life. They asked, how were my kids..and I went, you mean my son? And she looked confused. Rightfully so, because how do we get from two to one?
I don't believe in blanking out issues - only because it happened and we should face up to it. But in this case, I'd rather not comment, and leave the blanks for them to fill. Most people are horrified that I have casually altered an equation to suit my needs. It took anger, regret and strength to get to where I am today - functional. I had to decide on difficult choices, just to keep myself from drowning in the pool of lies, created by a malicious genetic anomaly in a phenotype that lives and breathes IN MY SPHERE. She was like a tumour, malignant - spreading itself slowly, under cloak.
"Blood is thicker than water", I wish for it to be true, so that I can go on with my life knowing that IT never had half my blood, because if IT did, then I've just proven that saying to be wrong.

No comments: