About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 27, 2006

Weekend Cars


I have noticed that there are more weekend car owners using their cars, after 7am, without a valid coupon. It's an observation and I think these owners are just taking advantage of the system. At even 5 past seven, I see weekend cars cruising along Still Road - the road being narrow and it's obvious they didn't have that coupon there. For whatever reason that the drivers may give - the point is : they didn't pay to use the roads after 7am - so why should I let this rest when I do pay full road tax. And if we calculate the average speed that cars are travelling along the Central Expressway - when we see a weekend car there, on the fast lane, but obviously not able to travel even at 60km/h, we all know that they are not going to a parked position at 7am sharp.
There is no way, we can have the best of both worlds - if you want to use the roads, then please pay for the usage. It's not that I'm pro-fines or taxes - I'm just saying that if the rest of us can pay full road tax, why can't they if they want to use their cars anytime - It's a matter of principle. Sure, it's a gamble - if they get caught, then it's their own fault - but just how many do get caught? Because going by the numbers I'm seeing on the roads at that time of the morning - it's time the cops did something about it. I'm game to go bumper to bumper with the next car, if he paid the same taxes.
There are ways to save money, but this is cheating not just the LTA, but every car owner that doesn't have a red plate.

No comments: