About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 23, 2006

The new shoot


Finally, after endless waiting, the seeds sprouted. I have been waiting until I gave up - thinking that perhaps the birds had them for dessert. This plant, I don't know the specific name, is my 'childhood' shrub - bunga telang. I used to pick the bright, blue flowers for my Grandma to dry out. They used this as a food colouring those days. I don't have a garden, but I found a sunlit space for this trough.
If anything at all, this plant brings me back to a time when life was about collecting eggs, plucking fruit and catching spiders. When I saw the seedling this morning, I was overjoyed - not because the trough will now be put to good use, but at least, it will be the last thing I see, when leaving for work, and the first thing I set my eyes on when I get home.
For me, it's always the little things that drive me - it gives me a reason to keep going - If you keep looking from the same point of reference, there is no fresh angle. I need a fresh view every now and then, and if a little blue flower is going to give me that, then, a little blue flower it is! I'm not into surprises yet each new shoot brings with it, life -

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Hey, now that u've got a nice new background, and more pictures, maybe u should remove the "Edit-Me" links on the right of your blog? :P

Click on the links for instructions to remove them. Heh.