About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 16, 2006

Hazey Haze

This morning, I could not decide whether the fluff on the greens were mist or the dreaded haze. It's amazing how our neighbours continue this campfire ritual annually and get away with it. Singapore has become a YELLOW ZONE! Everyone was bitching about smokers blah blah blah, yet what is being done about this haze which I am sure, is more unhealthy than the ciggies that smokers light up. Ciggies are certainly less destructive than firewood. And WHO said size didn't matter?!?
Each year, the excuse is the same - they blame the wind direction! HELO? If there wasn't a campfire to begin with, we didn't need to bother about which way the wind is blowing - after all, the pollution still goes into the very atmosphere that we share.
I think the farmers just wanted to get on with their clearing up, PERIOD. Forget everyone else, after all, if he doesn't get on with his clearing, he may not have crops later on for himself. So what if he pollutes the air, saving the earth is not going to ensure he has food on his dining table.
I also heard that to prosecute them is dicey, because of the way the law there has been laid out. Again, BRAVO ! Well done - and I thought we were better at getting away with things!

No comments: