About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 02, 2008

Simian Crease

My gf was asking me why my palms only had 2 lines and not 3. For 44 years of my life, I wondered, but never enquired - I know I'm missing a line, don't know which one (until now) and always was conscious about my palm. Because she's my gf who makes sense all the time and I do respect her opinions and take her advice, I decided to do some research on the internet.
So far, whatever information I got, is true about me.
Apparently about 1% of people have Simian lines on both hands. Such people see the world in black or white, no grey....a line I have used many, many times when I am in a discussion/argument. Such people are restless - like me, having the inability to be content, with underlying currents of dissatisfaction all the time.
The good news is, I now know and it's always important to know, because then we can learn to manage ourselves better. Yes, I'm a very intense person - I work twice as hard, I study twice as hard, but I can go on a tailspin too into the dark tunnel. I'm not afraid to do something entirely new - because feeding my boredom is more important to me than anything else. I can never even settle for where the furniture should sit in the house, moving things constantly. Yes, I am gifted - I have the ability to know what can/will happen if I give serious thought to it. I can almost read behaviour of people and pre-empt them without much effort.
I used to think that I'm wierd and I don't fall into any set category of people - I'm not a groupie and I'm very individualistic depending only upon myself to get things done.
When I put a point across, it's always factual, never emotional - people who are around me, do not like to have a discussion with me, because I can come across as being sharp and precise.
Surprising - nope, because I know me, long before, but at least now, I also know why.

2 comments:

Girish said...

So finally, I meet a fellow "simian crease on both hands" owner :) !! I didn't know of the 1% statistic. So we indeed are very rare :) !!

KATRINE said...

hahah..glad to meet with you!
I will try to take a picture and upload it...:)