About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 20, 2009

Keeping Busy

In my life, keeping busy is never an issue, since my schedules are always packed - if it's not work, it's housekeeping and if it's neither, it's school. Although things get on a crazy mode, it's manageable by my standards - there are still days when I wish for time to pass more quickly.

I have never imagined that I will reach this day and time, without much idle time - but perhaps it's because I make sure I fill up my days constructively - meaning, I do not believe in just being a couch potato or a piece of furniture - I will find something to clear out or improve on - Right now, I'm collecting tins of paint - because painting is one form of therapy for me and it's always a good feel, when slapping on a fresh coat of paint, somewhere. I have started on painting the study room - a place I spend a lot of time in - leaving 2 huge walls in my room still undone. This room, being one with the most shelving units, is probably the toughest to complete - too many things around and moving furniture in this room is tough.

Although I've successfully kept busy - my schedule is not packed enough - I know I should be doing more for school, but statistics is just something that I can digest 'so much' of, per day. Some people won't include school as part of keeping busy because I could definately be glued to my chair for hours without much effort - how is that 'busy'? well, busy for me is when my mind is occupied and pre-occupied - I could be baking and yet not feel busy enough to think that I've accomplished anything much outside the regular expectation of how things should conclude.

But busy is what we should be - it keeps us from just wasting precious time - and time does fly, when we don't actively think about it - yes, we do wish for bad times to zip away, but in a broader sense, time should be used well, and eventhough I wish that it could go by faster, it's only because I want to see beyond my graduation - anxious about other graduate programs that will be available. I keep busy so that I keep depression at a manageable level - if I don't and it's mismanaged, time will drag and the ability to keep busy and relevant will be history.

So although we wish to have some free time, it works like everything else - moderation - everything is good when done in moderation - balance that with keeping busy and we'll make it through the days and the weeks.

No comments: