About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 12, 2009

Desperation, Personified

If anyone doesn't understand the meaning of the word DESPERATION, then I would be the personification of it.
As the clock ticks toward my deadline on monday, I find myself having less and less time - which is logical, as time waits for no man, and is constantly moving forward. And when i fear the worst - praying my damnest, that there will be no 'problems' on site today - the power tripped - so i lost a few hours - then i donated more hours in the kitchen to fix lunch and dinner for my son, after which it's laundry and basic housework (vacuum, mop, clean cages), more hours. Then it's Bollywood day - and I would have just walked away, but it was showing something I haven't watched before and with actresses and actors who are familiar - another 3 hours gone - afterwhich it's already nightfall and time to clear up the home again and myself, before the evening starts to wind down.
And because I was stuck somewhere in the Results section, I decided to spend more time away from my paper to recollect my thoughst, by posting this - which should leave me trying to sleep in the wee hours of the morning twice in a row.

Although I was working on my paper today in short bursts, I managed to set a tone and worded the hypothesis correctly - which only goes to show that I do work best under duress - BUT, we students never learn. I have said that before and I'm saying that now. As an adult I tell my son, please study, please do your work, don't leave things to the last minute - and here am I, a studying adult doing everything I tell my son not to do.

It must be some kind of plague that infects anyone who studies - I am not referring to scholars but regular people like me - people who can get A's when they try very hard but usually return B's because something else is always more important than the A.

And as desperate as I am to return an A for this paper, I know I won't, because you just know if it's an A paper.

painful to admit, but it's the brutal truth. I don't say NO to more work, I don't say NO i can't do that now, and i certainly didn't say NO we have to tar pow today because my priorities are no longer just toward my A, but to completing all the day's tasks.

So I conclude that I'm Desperation, personified.



No comments: