About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 20, 2009

Is a B that bad?

We all know that we cannot turn back the hands of time.
I submitted my paper, on time, I cleared up my desk and filed everything away.
There was no looking back - I only had narrowed my options and was looking forward to the New Year before I acted upon it. That was when I thought I was done and my goose was cooked.

My professor sent me an email - to request for a phone call.
I did as I was told.
And that conversation, would be THE conversation that got me riding on the tip of the tornado.
I didn't know what I slammed against but the barrage of polite expletives was enough for me to actually keep silent. This was what was told to me.

How could you submit a paper when I haven't read the final version?
How could you submit a the other paper when I haven't even seen a draft on it?
Based on your last draft, that was worth a B, and it's not good enough.
It's difficult to work and study, but you could have asked for an extension instead of handing it in.
You need to sit yourself down and do nothing but your paper to get your A. Please retract your paper.

I was reluctant because I don't do retractions - but as the saying goes, there is always a first time.

So, to make sure I heeded the advice - i was officially informed that my paper will be retracted.

It may be an opportunity for me to make this right. I know it is, it's not a maybe but a definite thing because it's already in motion. And I am the reluctant passenger.

I still haven't unfiled everything - what I have done is, to watch videos, reels and reels of it.

Is a B that bad?
Seriously, I never thought it was, although I was an A student - because I'm a realist - work has to return As and if that meant getting Bs for school, then that was the order of the day.

BUT obviously, my professor thinks differently and for that, I am numbed on how to react.


No comments: