About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 09, 2014

The ME factor

For the first time, I found this movie available on my cable channel.  It is a lazy Sunday and I thought a 'soppy' movie is better than the hot sun out there.

A darn good choice.

The story, reminds me a little about me.  Its almost like my story, only that, I haven't come 'full circle' to loose my balance because of love yet.

I am not hopeful, since I am a firm believer of 'contentment' and not 'wanting' more than what is ever going to be available.

Through the tumultuous years of putting another's needs before mine - I have lost myself.  His needs were always greater; his troubles always more severe; his time was always more precious than mine.

Since I rarely dwell emotionally - I reverted to WHO I am - a thinking person.
I dwell on how to manage people who have failed me; I dwell on how to move on without the emotional scarring.  I dwell on how to better handle similar situations.

I needed alone time and I gave myself that time - not in Bali but at home, away from my social network and people in general.  It helped me think clearly.  The silence of hearing only my own voice.

One day, I will go to Bali - I have never been there before - Being a city girl, I felt that Bali would be too quiet, too holiday-ish for me to survive alone.  In any city, I could get lost in traffic noise or the voices of strangers but on beach-front resorts, it can get lonely; so I always thought.

I am ready now to venture onto a different terrain.
All the broken relationships I have had, broke, because NONE of them, ever made me loose my balance even for a second.  There has been no one, special enough for me to say 'you take the lead because I trust you will care for my heart'.  NONE of them ever got even a portion of my heart.  What I did for them, I did out of responsibility, never love.

So, if love has been so evasive all my life, till this point - what makes me think I will be able to find it?

Because now - I KNOW what I need.  I KNOW what I want.
The freedom to be ME.
I used to feel that the years gone by have been wasted on people who didn't deserve my time.
NOW, I know that its their loss, not mine - and I believe in it.
Knowing is nothing IF we don't believe that.

No comments: