About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 26, 2018

Annual Christmas Lunch

This year, it's Marriot.  Just couldn't resist.  After all, it's our 'religious' yearly Christmas meet, so why not.

Yes, we were offered this assortment of FRESH crustaceans. It was all iced orderly.  I must say, Marriot is just that good at their presentation.  Because of the food poisoning scare lately, almost every counter had a time written on a small board.
I was impressed.

The last time we were there was like a year ago, in October for high tea.  This year was the first, we decided to brave the crowd and plonk ourselves at the tip of Orchard.

No regrets.

I requested for a 'window' seat, same as when I fly....just because having the option of watching people walk by as we took turns to fill up our plates is just too good to pass up.  It was the 2nd day of Christmas, yet many were still lugging bags of shopping.  The place was so full that I'm just glad I made the reservation way in November.  Which idiot would expect to walk-in anyway?


This is what I meant by iced.  So neat and presentable.

The ambiance was excellent.  Not too noisy, crowded but because of how the buffet was organised, diners had a flow and no two diners had to squeeze for servings.

In fact, there is no need to squeeze.  Who does that?
It's so uncultured especially since it's the season.

Because we had such a great time just relaxing with the soft music, great service and excellent food, we are planning to re-vamp our CNY meal in 2019.

Yes, one can never get too much of a good thing - not especially when for the rest of the year, we are pretty much grounded about what's going on in the world and that for all our Blessings to-date, we must render 'assistance' when it crosses our path.  We do not shy away from say, buying a struggling family books for their children, or to help a child grasp some concept in school. We take, but we must always give - no matter how minute -

I have not lived a flawless life, but as I always have said, I had to walk those trials, in order to be able to do what I have to do in my later life. 

I realise that people who deserve me, get me.  People who don't, don't.
It's not that I'm all important - NO - it's because I have a purpose, spiritually - I knew that purpose for years and whenever I fight them, I loose.

It's like a calling somewhat.  You cannot discharge yourself from it.

People put in my life were lessons....lessons I had to learn through experience so that it's never repeated.  Those made me better....an improvement of some sort. 

So here goes 2018 and soon comes 2019 and another sumptuous lunch on the table!






























No comments: