About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 13, 2018

Grow up and tend to your own 'garden'


History repeats itself.

Actually, the possibility of it repeating itself is high. At least that's what I believe in.  HOWEVER, history is there so that we are able to re-work a path.

I have said it many times, one cannot do the same thing over and over again & expect a different outcome.  That doesn't happen - and the proof is in the Math.

As the year 2018 draws to a close, our little island is facing some trying matters with our closest neighbour. 

There was talk about intrusions in territorial waters - which was the latest in the political scene.  It started with the old issue of water, the buying and selling.  Then it moved to the 'crooked' bridge.
For me, a person who has lived through ALL that huff and puff - it's a repeat performance.

What's irritating is, people's need to try to outdo themselves when they believe they were given a second attempt.

All these issues have been 'resolved' donkey years ago, but somehow, the agreements seem to have faded away in some demented mind. 

Our little island, may not have natural resources yet we have done more than just swell, economically.  Perhaps that's the real issue behind all this 'we didn't agree to that' (although it was agreed upon).  Perhaps some feel that because we are so tiny, we do not need 2 state-of-the-art airports.  I mean, I get it, theirs is really not quite up to par.

So this Christmas season, I pray that such people will realise that Charity begins at home ie Clean up your own shit before trying to say we have a shitty backyard.

For all who go across the little straight bridge, to save their pennies, please re-consider and spend your money here.  I know what people will say, but we don't have enough.  Well, when is enough enough? If humans were easily contented, we will not need religious classes to tell us otherwise.

Go for less holidays if your family needs the cash more.
Sell the car, since our public transportation is great and our island is too tiny to say anywhere is too far.
Buy less junk.

But people will be people.  Don't have enough, but still spending the same.

I was planning to actually get more popcorn, but since this issue started, I stopped.  Screw the popcorn.  I rather do without and I may be ONE person, who will never be able to dent their economy, but at least I know I'm doing my bit for my Singapore.

Today, my friends and I, are having Dim Sum here in Singapore - the original plan was across the bridge....and we all agreed, dim sum here is 3x more but it's going to be worth it.









No comments: