About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas!


And so Christmas Eve is here - I have been waiting for this all year, simply because, 2019 promises to be better.
It's sometimes not about wishing but 'looking forward'.  There is nothing to really wish for - we take whatever cards are dealt and run with it....after all, that's what survivors do.

Many times, when I think, I've been 'taken for a ride', it always worked out for the better.  Never, not even half a once, was life so terrible that I was left without.

People think, they got me - think, but I always had contingencies, which people generally don't think anyone ever goes around with.

The one thing, I have learnt, since young was, to always rely on myself.
AND, I have never abandoned that M.O.
So it's another wonderful Christmas for my son and myself....and if people think, both of us ever forget about GOD, then they are so wrong.  A great part of our lives, revolves around GOD and lending a hand.  Those are our graces which were bestowed upon us, and we never take it for granted.

When I decided to walk my own path, and raise my son, the way I knew was best for him, I started from zero.  We made our own traditions and memories. 

This evening, as we carved our leg of lamb, we remembered the many Blessings, GOD has given us.  The lamb was wonderful, by the way.  We didn't do turkey, don't like that 'meat' in particular.
Tomorrow, Christmas Day, we are going for our Christmas lunch as always.

I can't say that we are, or have ever been in 'want'.
WE have whatever we need - always.

So as Christmas carols play in the background, and there's lots of food and wine going around, we send our thanks to God, for blessing us with His Love, Grace and Protection.

Merry Christmas to everyone - and 
May God Bless us all in these trying times in the world these days.













No comments: