About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 30, 2018

BIG HOUSE = MORE CHILDREN?

And so, there was this suggestion, in some comment section, that perhaps, PERHAPS, if people were given larger dwellings, they will be 'motivated' to have larger families.

Now, if that alone is going to be a solution for population growth, I think we don't really need to study economics or sociology or even finance.

This idea, probably came from another idea that when we have more space, we will procreate to fill that space. 
Whatever happened to people, who are generally selfish for themselves? It still applies today, in 2018.  Nothing has changed people's desire, true desire.

I guess when we have supposedly had our motivations to be EXCELLENT, WORLD CLASS, some begin to think that we are FIRST WORLD. 

WRONG.

Take a look at the statistics.  WHO are the ones really collecting on the baby bonus? 

I believe that attracting the WRONG parent-set is more detrimental to an ageing population.

Imagine, we have hit our target population regeneration, only to find that our nursing homes are still filled to the brim.  Now, wouldn't that be a larger problem?

Parents who want to be parents.  Parents who want to raise socially-responsible children, DO NOT NEED TO BE COMPENSATED to procreate.  They will do so, regardless.

So, is our world here compromising on QUALITY?

Like, are we so statistics crazed that we need to adjust bell-curves, set new NORMS for education, IMPORT TALENTS, just so we put 'ourselves' on the world map of achievements?

As 2018 comes to a close, I wish, with all my heart, that if the world is going to end, PLEASE END IT ALREADY.

I have had to put up with GARBAGE suggestions, watch as generations after me just cannot even hold an intelligent conversation and how double-standards always apply.

Whenever I travel by the 'subway', and somehow, conversations just trickle by, I hear nothing fascinating or even intelligent.  These are the ones, who are in their 20s-30s.  And I think to myself -

Wow, the internet isn't doing these people much good in terms of teaching...but wait, that's because they are too busy on lame applications, which do nothing except promote GOSSIP.  Didn't they learn, in their informative years, that GOSSIP is not any lesson-worthy platform?

For the many things that I never like China about - Mandarin (my lack of skill in that area), I think they got something right.....they never allowed propaganda to filter into their country.

BUT we, because we want people here to not be restricted, have allowed anything at all to be said and read, times over.  The only people who sue are members of our Government - the lay person isn't going to do that, of course.....since most people do not have a bottomless bank account.  So the GOSSIP mongering goes on and on and on.

For a society who prides itself in not taking sides, we surely are, in terms of other people's politics.  I have yet to find a situation where they fished out news from CNN and then balanced it with another.....I mean, isn't that good reporting? 

For years now, I have stopped reading news from the normal sources because it's not accurate.

American news isn't difficult to figure out.  Perhaps for me, since I have a ton of American friends...and I get confused, because whatever we find here, isn't really what's going on there, on the ground....so over time, I lose confidence in local news feeds.  When I really want to know something, I just use the internet and ask my friends who are there....some even are near the border...and know what exactly happened to that first boy who died....but no one ever is interested in real journalism anymore.

SO, I can't wait for this year to pass, so that if the tribulation is going to begin in the next year, bring it on already........it's very disappointing that people have lost their religious faith......I believe that no matter which religion we belong to, it never teaches us to lie.

So Happy New Year, cannot come sooner.

No comments: