About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 17, 2006

Being Fair


Do we subconsciously behave unfairly towards individuals or is it really just reading too much into situations? If a purchaser offered to buy a property at $x and he was turned down because the reason given "at that price, we would have sold most" then in the span of 48 hours, sold the same property to another at <$x, what does it mean?
For an onlooker, it simply means, the project is not selling well and it's a desperate sale. For the sales people concerned, the second sales person apparently enjoyed some form of favourtism.
I witnessed this first hand, because it was my client who gave the first offer. I suppose, being a woman who is not dysfunctional in the societal sense perhaps caused some inert subconsicous insecurity to a person so blatantly skewed towards the few, who chose to be society's closet cases.
I do not make a serious effort to look upon such people too differently, unless they provide me good cause. Whatever their preferences in their sexual orientation is personal as long as they do not discriminate against others like me, who are just regular people, having sex with the opposite sex.
Therefore, I felt that I have been discriminated against.
Such behaviour does not help their situation but it only serves as a reminder to me that subconsciously, they are more emotional than the average person, and thus, prone to making poor judgements when given a tight situation. How do I, after all this, be able to treat them fairly, when I know, under pressure, they will stick together - they are, after all, birds of a feather..and I am just a spectator.
It does not bother me that much, it just proves a point and one that I will quote and re-quote as a real-life example.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Eh, how did the developer allow that to happen? Stupid or what? I know how u feel man. I've been rejected many times by the sales mgr of T_ _ _ _S 'cos the rental offer i make "is too low"... then next thing i noe, she accepts her husband's deal that's even lower than my offer!