About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 20, 2006

Light Conversations


It has been an eventful week so far - having continuous debates with our Hong Kong office, cat-fights between the shark and little me, an ikan bilis, tug-of-war for clients. I don't know if I came out of this unscathed.
How do we measure that? I put my point bluntly across, as usual and eventually, facts got me the right-of-way. That must be it. I won.
BUT after days of solid exchanges via email and phone, I was in dire need of a fix.
Thankfully, a good friend obliged and I got my quiet time, coffee, him as a punching bag and what I enjoyed most of all - light conversations!
Conversations are a way of life for both social and business pleasures, but light conversations are different from the empty chit-chats. It's talking without much effort - it's sharing dumb ideas because it made me feel like a regular person. We need to just have conversations because it's what brings us back to the basics of leisure.
I sleep thinking work, I wake-up thinking work, I go to work, flooded by work. The few times I get to enjoy a cuppa is what brings warmth to my being. Someday, I would like to thank him for always sacrificing his sleep to hear me rant and rave. We all need such a time just to re-charge.
Light conversations are not generally light by nature of the adjective, but more casual in tone and limitless in content. There is no agenda, no outline, no pending issue, just conversations that go wherever the current winds are going yet achieving the objective without the stress.

No comments: