About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 28, 2006

For my Colleague

I just received news that my colleague is leaving. That leaves the group with more people who are not team players. It's always the wrong people who leave. I thought I'd be the one to tender my resignation first.
I guess we have to be selfish for ourselves, because in that team, at least 2 of them are there like furniture - unhelpful, butt-warmers and individualistic with no sense of team, goals, objectives.
We all have our up and down days, but after 13 months, they are apparently not just 'down' but 'out' as well. They are the ones who would pledge their loyalty by staying with the company and simultaneously bleed the department of it's pennies.
In situations like these, the good ones always leave and this time, it's the friend with whom I lunch with, I complain to, the one who helps me with adding links to this blog, the one who supplies me pictures of her rabbits as my wallpaper, the one who helps me pick nice shoes and clothes - basically my friend.
I'm really mad.
I'm happy for her, I am....but it doesn't make it right.
We have goals in life to achieve and she's just making the decision to do it sooner rather than later. I wish her the very best, and at least we have this blog to keep in touch........if you're reading this, thanks for the company, confidence and support throughout the year.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Aww... thank you. Anyway, for as long as u're still working in SLT... we can have lunch. Haha. And shopping. :P