About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 21, 2006

questions questions questions


I have always been in situations that are never quite straightforward. Deals could never close without fanfare and business trips are always injected with unwarranted events. On a personal level, the oddest of moments would become etched in my memory. I magnetise complications like bread spread goes on toast. How does one person get so enrolled in THE 'school of hard knocks' and survive yet, never seem to graduate?
I would like to think it's beyond my control, yet as with all situations, we externalise when it's bad and internalise when it's good.
Yesterday, I had one of those moments again, right after sorting the Hong Kong fiasco! Some contractor decided to run off with clients money and a report was made. Naturally I had to be one of the clients who paid cash. I have the receipt so it's a real non-issue, except that I wasn't the owner of the house. Of course there were questions to the relationship but I wasn't in a position to say because it was something I never discussed. Let alone, put in on an evidence report to be forever on offical records! I am sure, the owner of the house would find this amusing, because it happened to me, as usual but it certainly wasn't funny when I had to get my talking skills in gear, sidetrack and control the tel-con right smack in the middle of my proposal! I am to meet with this officer later, and my question to him would be " does it matter who I am? "

No comments: