About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 02, 2007

Positives on Retreating

There are some who like to take the bull by the horns and just deal with whatever. There are others who back-off and allow themselves to be doormats. Yet again, there are the dwellers, forever mulling over a situation.
When at battle, unless you're really loosing ground, most soldiers would push forward and maintain the frontlines. However, like any good commander, foresight and strategic thinking is crucial. Even when the odds are stacked up against you, you need to dwell a little - before executing the next move. Like a chess game.
I used to enjoy putting up a fight. On other days, I would simply just dwell for days on end.
These days, with my freaked out schedule, I would do what forensic investigators do on TV - get evidence, line up the facts, balance the findings and conclude. No ra ra required. If the situation is not worth salvaging, then file the occurence and move on.
It is less stressful, because I do not have to make excuses for people, nor find reasons to explain their socially inept behavior, or even maladaptive thoughts. I could just conclude the issue and retreat to my life.
In the last recent price-tag fiasco, I retreated.
I refuse to subject myself to such uncultured actions by allowing that to halt me indefinately. Therefore, it's not always a bad thing to back off.
Backing off doeesn't mean I condone the tasteless behaviour - it simply means it wasn't important enough to grab my total attention.

If there is a statement that is possible to compile in the English Language, I would say
I have retreated on a positive note.

No comments: