About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 09, 2008

New Highs

It's great to always have time on your hands again - not that it's good to be totally free but at least to have a choice. Although I was helping a friend do some admin back-up work, it did choke my time and now that the projects done, I'm definately feeling less rushed.
Some people are just comfortable with routines, and some people are just not. I'm one of those who get bored of routines and need some element of variation to perk up my day. It's not that I need change all the time, I just cannot be bothered to be tied down to something indefinately, without a clear, big, picture.

My next assignment is due soon, so I'm about to start work on it. It's never routine when it comes to assignments since the topics are always different - keeps my mind thinking new stuff and changing the orientation viewpoint. Although I wouldn't go too far to say that I'm adventurous, I do soak in new stuff better.

I've lived my life with little adventure but always on the side of a dare.
Although I may not have had the opportunity to climb up a corporate ladder after a thousand of years in service, I always had an elevator who took me there in half the time - and when that's done, I'm done too. Perhaps that's why some people find new heights to scale - finish Kinabalu, find Himalayas....break this record, go for the next......perhaps, I'm a little similar, except that I'm lazy and not into body-breaking activities.

So whilst I ease myself into my assignment, a small part of my mind would be searching for another new high. I did start calling for voluntary spots, but I wasn't really desperate since I won't really know how far behind I am in my readings, until end of Sept which will be closer to our finals - I will probably still squeeze time in to do that since I have this gut feeling that it's time I returned to what I was trained to do.

No comments: