About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 20, 2009

Miss Spongy



A new year, a new plant.

Frankly, this is totally herbaceous, so I really was skeptical about bringing it home - I'm not great with plants from this family, simply because my tight schedule doesn't always allow me to water them on time.

I got them anyway because a colleague of mine thought that I needed a different type of feng shui plant. Last years' plant is doing great, so I decided why not. Of course the pot is not going to support the plant for too long, so i would probably do a pot transfer after this season. I have no idea what it's called, but if it's the plant to have, then it's the plant to have - I was not going to muck around with it.

Although I'm not gravely superstitious, I would hate to think that I would deliberately go against fair recommendation - I could have gotten something else, but well, my colleague was kind enough to share with me his thoughts about this coming lunar new year, and it was like he was 'helping' me grow my luck this year - if only luck could grow!

And so, I shall welcome Miss Spongy, as I will call her and hope that she will bring as much luck as believed. Meanwhile, I shall find her actual name so that I could perhaps tend to her with more care.

No comments: