About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 19, 2009

Rodent almost gone

One week to the Lunar New Year - the busiest time for ethnic chinese - although I do not celebrate festivals per se, the observation of the Lunar New Year is a must - at least the bare minimum of a Reunion Dinner and all other superstitions, which sounds like a joke, but it's not - tough to get tradition out of the system, grew up too many years having it drummed in.

This year because we have a guest, my gf's kid, it will be a steamboat dinner at home. Last year, dinner was traditional, but no steamboat. I have started on spring cleaning yesterday, since I have been working non-stop throughout christmas - yesterday was one day of reprieve although my phone did keep me busy in the morning. I managed to re-paint a wall, good therapy, missed painting actually. Will continue with it this morning, before rushing out for a meeting in the afternoon. I have half a wall left, so better just get a move on with it.

This year's reunion dinner will also be a celebration with my new dining table. It's probably the best dining table I have ever owned, so I would definately want to 'break it in' with an auspicious meal at a traditional time. If anything is making me excited, it's this new table. Strange how little things make a huge difference.

So, as everyone is busy preparing for CNY, I'm sure they are because the supermarket check-out counters queues were long, we have this hope that the year of the Ox will bring us more stability than the Rat ever gave. One week, I can't wait to actually get rid of the rodent.

No comments: