About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 10, 2009

With Depth, there's clarity

I believe that most people prefer to work with as much information as possible before starting on a project. I'm the same. However, when working with a 'patient', I usually do not wish to take-in verbal information, because such information would tend to contain some verbal slant. I always prefer to read more technical casenotes and make my own deductions after working with the patient. I feel that it helps me focus on the task without relying on someone elses opinions. Conversations with the patient is, without question, crucial.

But there is a difference between withholding information and what I have just expressed. I was pretty mad with my gf because she deliberately omitted to tell me a very critical part of the story. My observations could not balance the equation and because of that, it probably contributed to my being unable to actually get to the crux of the matter (with the kid).

Trouble is, people are people - they are sometimes unable to face up to the truth and ugliness of the situation, choosing to only talk about what's on the surface and mid-level of the mind. The deeper part of the story is usually embedded and safeguarded - that's understandable. But if you have expectations for someone to help you, honesty helps. For one, it will certainly cut short the time to find solutions.

I have got myself into a real messy situation, but thankfully, all I lost was time. I was getting there, but just couldn't balance stuff, so I left it and almost thought that I should work on my therapeutic skills, which probably is rusty. Thankfully, it wasn't me - and so, chapter two has finally begun and for me, it's a race - let see how effective I can be.

No comments: