About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 17, 2006

Going to Church

At lunch today, I was asked if I went for Sunday Mass - It started when all of us started discussing about the Da Vinci series. Most of my colleagues/friends, don't bother to ask me at all, because for starters, I'm very open about where my faith lies.
Having a Belief in GOD is different altogether. I believe in the existence of a super spirit, if I may call it that - but I also believe that our destiny lies very much in our hands, and the present day choices that we make. There is this need in almost everyone, in an all encompassing power, to which lies control of our fate. People do not want to be responsible for everything negative that happens. It's the nature of how things are. Anything good, we want to take credit for, anything bad, we try to direct the cause externally.
I have worked very hard all my life - almost never resting to achieve whatever that I felt I had to achieve. Sometimes, I feel like I'm alone even when I always have people around me. I have made bad decisions and I have had to live with the consequences.
Although I don't attend Mass, I never feel shortchanged spiritually. When I need solitude and energy, I visit temples, churches, kramats - it doesn't matter to me because whichever religious clique we want to belong to, it's a public statement. As with our deepest thoughts, that's on a need to know basis only - and as long as I have this blog, it's as public as it can get already.
So, I'm here, trying to be a more meaningful person - without having to make a public statement in person - I hope that makes sense.

No comments: