About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 08, 2006

Gold vs Ash


Ash has learnt how to Step Up. It wasn't easy - in fact, I thought Tweety did a quicker job in understanding what was required of him to do. So, size doesn't matter really!
I have spent hours on the net, reading about African Greys - Thank Goodness for the Internet, or this entire 'teaching' phrase would never succeed. For one, it requires patience and my alertness, both of which is lacking when I'm on a weekend break from work.
My girlfriend was curious and confused that I didn't buy gold with the money. Frankly, I didn't know how to respond. I'm not into jewellery as an investment - albeit very small investment. She is a pet person, but for pets like small tropical fish. She used to have cats too, but has since not kept any after the last passed on.
At the end of the day, I am one who lives the way I choose to live. People buy branded goods, like handbags, with a higher price tag than Ash. Of course, with bags, you could lug it around - I could do that with Ash, but then, it really isn't the same, is it? I don't need to have an expensive bag to know that I am on the right retail therapy track. Ash is not part of my retail therapy.
My teenage son has also learnt to be more touchy-feely with the flock - something tough for a child since he's more into computers and gaming. I find that refreshing and comforting - My son does not need to be yanked away from gaming anymore - he does it on his own, when he feels that Tweety or Ash needs him to be with them.
So if anyone were to ask me again, why not Gold, I would say, because this purchase is not a show-piece, its for my peace of mind.......

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Hey... why no photos of Tweety? U're biased!! Favourtism! Bad owner! :P