About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 19, 2006

Taylor Hicks


This is the first time I've not missed a single episode of the American Idol. I remember the first screening - Taylor Hicks just seemed different from the rest. I wouldn't say that he has THE BEST vocals this season, but he makes that up with stage presence - which is critical in the music industry. He sings from the soul and that alone is an identity that makes him different.
For those who are not inclined with his brand of music, start listening with an open mind, singing is not about being able to keep tempo and pitch. It's connecting with the lyrics, the music - it's singing from deep within, it's the delivery of what the song means and represents.
When we are passionate about what we do, people tend to get motivated and harvest that same energy, just to feel the same.

No comments: