About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 11, 2006

Long Weekends

Like most working folks, long weekends tend to get our adrenalin going - we plan short getaways or get-togethers. It's time for us to recouperate from the daily routine of reporting for work.
For me, long weekends represent spring cleaning. Time for me to move pieces of furniture around - and whilst at it, attack all the dust balls, cobwebs and whatever else that super-speed daily cleaning missed out. This is the reason why, I never required an interior person to design my home! Over the years, I have accumulated individual pieces, that somehow managed to fit into the entire concept - mix and match.
This weekend, the moving itinerary is to accommodate play space for Ash and Tweety. I'm building a play pen and hopefully, I'll complete this task within the next two days. Of course it'll take more time, since everything still HAS to blend in well. Functional and Aesthetical - the goal of this task.
In between all that, my work is just a phone ring away - which makes it more interesting, since I never really know when I'll have to leave the mess I created to redesign a living space.
It's this 'on the edge' feeling that drives me to complete tasks that I otherwise could just ignore. I wonder what I will do, if I ever grew really old - it would probably bore me to death.

No comments: