About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 29, 2006

Every day is Important

It's soon THE day again - the day I was dumped into this world. Most people are festive, they observe festivals, they celebrate anniversaries, death/birth or weddings/divorces/breakups and birthdays. Not me. I have had such a messed up life that each day that passes without a glitch is festive for me. Not many believe that I seriously do not practice the art of celebration by way of cakes, flowers, balloons or lavish pressies.
I support living, not existing - therefore, each day becomes important - I get winded up just trying to maximise the day - not letting a minute go by, to waste. Waste for me is when we didn't do our best. My son, does not understand why he should not get me presents or flowers - I hope I am not ruining his future relationships since most, expect such days to be remembered by lavish shows of affection.
I do not, however, take the joy of presents from him - he receives gifts but never deliberately on a 'special' day - and each time he receives a gift, it's not to celebrate just his birth, but to remind him that each day, is just as important to me, because I have him to begin with. It will be tough on him to become a young adult and ignore this common practice of presents - but I stand firm that, if any relationship is dependant on a little box of surprises, then that is what it's only worth!

No comments: