About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 28, 2006

Long Week

What constitutes a long week? For me, this week was such a week, and it's not even Friday yet. Sometimes I wonder, if I were born in another city, would my occupation be the same? In marketing, we never always have the luxury of selling something outright. BUT to come face to face with a buyer who is repetitive, have an endless list of objections, and forgetful is a whole different ball game.
Thankfully for me, I managed to get together a good team to tip-toe around black hole. And whilst this was brewing, another person totally forgot that there is another case floating - how that came to be is as alien to me as what a dwarf planet it.
I had a buyer who wanted perfection for every dollar and another who believed in all honesty that every dollar he left as a booking fee would generate 5 times the amount for his entire downpayment at the snap of his fingers! That is how my week went so far.
Therefore, the lesson about long weeks are - simply to ride it out - forget running away, because 'long' in itself would imply never ending, continuous, and time consuming without the frills added on. You cannot run away from LONG - because it has arms long enough to catch up!

No comments: