About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 25, 2006

Sacrifices and Packages


Good things never come in large packages. Perhaps, the whole idea is; learning lessons from appreciating the smallest gesture. Speaking from experience, I have never had a good thing in a large package. My life and what I am totally made up of, has been a culmination of small packages of good things.
Of course, there are many moments, where I wished for some other forms of excitement, just to make sure I still understood the meaning of 'enjoyment'. I am not depressed, neither am I overjoyed - I'm just zooming along a plateau where everything is measured.
It took me years to attain this balance - one that didn't make me bored, but enough to keep me in line. BUT there are private seconds, when I wish, I have the courage to tip the scales - note the present tense used - because this will continuously be my state of being, at least until whenever.
There is this fear, that if I traded one small package to tip the scales a little, I would need to find two small packages to balance it out again. It doesn't make sense to some, that I would do this balancing act, almost like a sacrifice, just so I didn't have to deal with the extra load afterwards - perhaps it is, but then, isn't life full of sacrifices, anyway?

No comments: