About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 21, 2006

Timing is of the Essence

I have been procrastinating about visiting Bangkok for years! I finally managed to carry that out just recently. I'm glad I did, when I did after hearing news of a peaceful coup there. My goal, was to visit the 'much talked about' shrine.
I was planning to go back, perhaps at year end, or early next year, and I hope that things will sort out, so that my plans need not be diverted.
This is a good example of 'seize the opportunity' because had I decided to wait till year end, when the rest of the population travels, then I would be in a predicament today.
This brings me on to the other one liner I favour - Do what you can do today, and don't wait for tomorrow. We should apply that principle to everything that we do. Why wait?
Perhaps I'm an up-and-go person, but I don't think that's the excuse at all - I believe that we should do what we want to do - why drag our feet if that's what we really want to do!
So, I'm glad I went - no regrets - and I would like to go back when things settle - and take a look at the rest of the beautiful temples.

No comments: