About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 18, 2006

Forward Plans


I wonder if there is anything like planning backwards, aside from working out a timeline that way. As the last quarter of the year draws closer, my colleagues and myself have been getting into discussions about our forward plans.
My belief is rather simplistic - go for what is within reach without falling short of the objective. I'm optimistic but I'm a realist at heart. Much as I would like to think I'm superwoman, I know I have better sense than to have tight fitting clothes in my closet!
As with everyone, I have come to a point in my life where I take my work seriously, yet have no desires in multiplying my portfolio. I get satisfaction from attaining the goals set and a good cup of coffee.
It's a good year for me, because I have met my personal objectives, which includes taking my son on his first flight outstation. When he was young, he just couldn't sit still - he was very active and restless - and that alone scared me and gave me second thoughts each time I planned a vacation. Then, vacations meant short trips to local hotels or just across the border.
So, forward planning does work - although we may take longer to achieve our goal (for whatever reason), it's important to have it within sight - lest it becomes another thing not done.

No comments: