About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 21, 2006

another new year soon

As the end of Y2006 draws near, it's time to clean out closets, clear annual leave, set targets for the coming year and embrace life to-date. I have many things to be thankful for, yet I'm still looking at a glass that's half-empty, not half-full. Most times, I'm happy, yet, inbetween that, I find myself not truly unhappy, but just on this plateau, zero gradient.
Why are we always trying to hop onto the other side of the lawn? It's human nature and it keeps HOPE alive. It's also part of learning. When we are done on the other side, somehow, another fence will pop up, and we are back on another fence, looking another part of the field. If ever, the fence comes up right next to a wall, I will know that my vision has failed me and I have really come to the end of the road of my life! The wall would probably have pop-ups on my life, like a huge LCD screen and then I would fall into the black hole.
Our lives are interconnected with the lives of others, our reaction, dependant upon that of others. How can we say we are truly alone? But I still feel that, sometimes. I did not become wiser this year, just more tolerant, in a bad way. I have learnt to 'not bother' and just brush my unhappiness aside.
I'm trying to slam the brakes on the 31st of December because it's just too soon for me - I'm not ready to compromise, neither am I ready to shout Happy New Year, because there is nothing new for me to be happy about...................yet.

No comments: