About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 03, 2006

clearing clutter

It's tough to be working almost the entire day and then go home and clear the endless clutter. Mind you, it's not always the clutter that I created - since we all live with other people in our homes, with other ideas about what constitutes 'clutter'.
In my observation, older people tend to have this habit of throwing things into a plastic bag, knotting it and off it goes either under the table or into the drawer. For sometime now, I've been trying to figure out, where this habit began.
Then I notice that hospitals dispense medication in such bags, and they cable-tie it! Wa Lah, that's where this idea came from!
So, I have been busy going through my home, and throwing out plastic bags, once I identify the contents. I have ever disposed of bags, without even peeking in! My rule of thumb : If you haven't looked into that bag for ages, it's probably something you do not need......
AND so I have been busy every day after work, wiping down the walls, moving furniture, and throwing things out - this is a constant renewal for me - I do not need a season or reason - I do it because I believe in keeping my space free of clutter.
As we do not like excess baggages, we should not be afraid to move on and do major disposal. If you don't like a memory, just erase it! If you don't like the table, just call the Salvation Army! Recycle and allow others to Reuse - it's unselfish and when applied to our lives, it helps us operate clutter free as well.

No comments: