About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 17, 2006

When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do

For the past week, I have had an uphill task because some people just don't get it. I haven't been all over the world to be able to say that the rental terms/policies here are unreasonable. Neither can I say that it is fair. All I can say is, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
We cannot apply foreign laws here, and our laws do not have to apply outside our island. When will people understand that?
If there is any deviation from the practice, it's always at the discretion of the Landlord. One cannot expect the Landlord to automatically make provisions because it suits the Tenant. BTW, this tenant's son, works with my company in another city - we are a property consultancy.
It's annoying because the Tenant simply doesn't want to do it the Singapore way.
I have never come across such a pig-headed person. Pig-headed because he just lost the lease of an apartment only last week, for the same reason.
Such people deserve to be homeless, really - when that happens, I sure hope he knows that he caused it. Unfortunately, these people always externalise - they never, ever will have this freckle of a thought that it's them and not us.

No comments: