About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 23, 2006

The Narcissistic Experience

This may be the worst, that anyone can be entwined in. Narcissistic's are extremely selfish and self-centered. They have grandiose views of themselves and are constantly preoccupied with fantasies of their great successes. They do not adapt very well to whichever framework they are within, because of their inability to have empathy or recognition of another's good work and their arrogance that preying on the 'weaker' is an entitlement.
I have one in my midst, and it's tiring, because I am on a sabbathical from anything that's related to psych.
This person needs consultation but I am quite certain, it's not going to be easy for anyone to see a change, even if there is a therapist at hand. I have been studying this chap for quite a bit, and I'm saddened that he has no clue at all about how his lies, behaviour, and more lies, are hurting his reputation and credibility. But that's the problem with this, they just don't get it.
Perhaps, this will be motivation for me to get the ball rolling and to set a game plan for myself to go back to where I came from.
As a therapist, I would be more patient and less critical - right now, I am neither, and I have made the decision to throw him out because it's my job to safeguard the rest.

No comments: