About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 21, 2007

Dry Run

A dry run usually implies a practice session or a trial of some sort, before the actual thing.
Today, I'm having a Dry Run.
It's rather exciting since I haven't actually sung in public for so long. Public, means, people whom one doesn't necessarily know in person. Karaoke with colleagues, friends don't count as a performance because it's more social, not an item on the evening's programme.
I was trying to forget about this actually, since I'm not as extroverted as my conversation skills would assume me to be. BUT this friday, is my gf's hubby's 50th - and he, being a musician, would expect some entertainment from us for a change.
It's quite pressurising, we are all musicians - just that some of us do that as a full-time job and some of us simply do it part-time - I fall into the part-time bracket. Nevertheless, it's always a good feeling to do a 'jam' session.
So, let's see how well this Dry Run will go - either it works or we'll end up just jamming for fun and then end-up with an impromptu session on the actual day....!

No comments: