About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 22, 2007

Two Kinds

For so long now, everyone knows that there are musicians who entertain and those who are just closet musicians. I'm of the closet type - which is why I chose to teach and not entertain. I don't know if it has anything to do with the psych or a preference.
Although I'm usually classified as a 'noisy', personality tests have labelled me as a private person. And because I do not like to be under scrutiny of an audience, I chose to teach.
Yesterday evening, was the first evening in a long time, where I was included as a performer amongst performers - the thought was scary at first, because we were all meeting for the first time, each a 'musician'. The easy part was in discussing the song - hitting the key - all impromptu - no notes, no scores, nothing - just a bunch of people, using our pitching skills to fit a huge jigsaw puzzle. We got it in a few minutes.
I enjoyed myself - of course I did, music is a great part of my private life - it's where I go, to be alone and in perfect sync with my inner self.
For a few moments, I forgot that we were in the jazz club - albeit in a private loft upstairs - and that come friday, it will be full of people, and I'll be stuck with a microphone in my hand. That's being an introvert for me!

No comments: