About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 20, 2007

Letting Go

Recently, there was a slight reshuffle of duties at work. I requested for it because it made no sense for too many people to have a hand in a project when in essence, only one person (me) was working on it. It wasn't me having a 'hoarding' mentality, but more me, exercising some business sense.
Of course we all know that when things move towards change, there will be those who are reluctant to sing a new song. They prefer to just sail on - never mind if we are getting nowhere. Times like this, I wish there was a module in school which taught everyone logic and the right thing to do.
Having been busy all week with clients from out of town, I didn't bother much. For me, time is money and if this bloke is just going to upset me, then I would rather just hit the ignore button. I could do this easily by giving my couldn't-care-less-attitude - but I'm not made that way. I have pride in my work - which is worth more than what I'm getting paid to do.
When it's time to let go, it's time to let go. Why hang on, when the end result of that is not going to change? It's not a matter of trying and trying until it works. This is not a mathematical sum, where we could work on numerous formulas and hope to hit the correct solution. Given the formulas, we may not even solve it, because some questions are simply beyond our understanding. Better just skip it and attempt the next question.
Key word for the week - Let Go - if the relationship has been bad for so long, it's not going to change tomorrow, so Let Go. If the clock is broken, keeping it wouldn't make it work, so let it go.

No comments: