About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 15, 2007

I told you so

When is strange, strange?
I know I'm far from a normal person, but when getting a job done, we follow protocol and try to kill 2 birds with one stone. Why would anyone want to go for a meeting twice, when the objective could be achieved in one session? This is by far the common sense way of doing things and definately more efficient.
Also, when we seek another's opinion, we should listen to the other person, then say 'thank you'. BUT some people seek your opinion, then whilst you're sharing a personal viewpoint, they correct you with their viewpoint. They do not share with you, like in an exchange, but they 'correct' you.
Now, that is strange.
Why bother to seek an opinion, if you have already decided on your preferred course of action? I understand Group Dynamics and the need for a consensus, but shouldn't one LISTEN first?
At the end of two days, Miss Smartalec, ended up having to make time for 2 meetings instead of one. At the end of two days, Miss Smartalec had to admit that I gave the client a better alternative.
BUT did she admit it? Of course not. Otherwise, she'll have to change her name!
Thank GOD I'm less volatile and more forgiving these days, because, for crying out loud, it's a client's time that's being wasted.

No comments: