About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 19, 2007

Are you Overworked?

If a person has been working without any support literally for a period of time, the level of work becomes a norm for that person. Our coping mechanisms are well-oiled to always adapt. That's the difference between a person with good coping skills and another who struggles to cope simply because their coping mechanisms are not in-gear.
Overworked is never a term I use to describe myself.
Overloaded, yes, but never overworked, because work is work.

When your boss asks you "ARE YOU OVERWORKED?"
It's actually more an admission of guilt - like, are you getting enough of support?
Frankly, in any industry, it's just how much of support is put in place CORRECTLY, to carry-out the job. For that reason alone, we have positions in the organisation for administration staff.

So, whenever this question comes up, it's always better to just say, it's not about being overworked, it's about whether the backline is supporting the workload as well.

Fortunately for me, I cope, with or without support, because long time ago, I learnt that I could only depend upon myself and no one else.
I'm not overworked, I'm just pissed off that some people get paid to play computer games during office hours, whilst I'm meeting deadlines.

No comments: