About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 31, 2007

finishing the race

I have been working here, grudgingly for 2.5 years. Many times I have wanted to quit. Too many times, I have walked right into a yellow box, not sure which way to take a turn.
This year was the worst year in terms of fire-fighting. Had to fight my way, to get the quota proportion correct - upset a string of people along the way, tidied up the team and working system - but never did I think it was because i needed more income.
We all need money, that's why we work.
BUT money doesn't buy us happiness or work security.
It buys us a whole lot of other things.
I've plodded on here, and did all those things, to make a pathway for the next 2 years, when I'll be swimming with my books - not a good idea to start anew and then have to juggle a new schedule aside from the term exams, 8 terms of it.
I have said NO - leave me alone here.
BUT apparently, the person offering me this 'job' doesn't have that word in his vocabulary.
I cannot go back to square one, start all over again, build up a team all over again, and build up a business all over again.
it's too time consuming.
they are prepared to give me a good package - monetary terms.
Now, if we all are gunning for more money all the time, in terms of our package, when does it all end?
I want more money, but not at the expense of going back to square one.
I feel that, if we keep going to the start line, we will never finish the race.

No comments: