About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 11, 2007

Winding Down

Usually, once I have crossed my birthday, I start scaling down my schedule for the new year. I know some people would have taken stock before the birth date and then implement the changes right after. I'm just a bit different, in that, being an October child, the last quarter of the year means closing a chapter. I probably would gear up again in the new year. It's not that I will just laze about - it's not my nature, I see it as warming up my engines for the new year.

We all have different buttons and modes of operation. This works for me. After so many years, I do understand myself very well - it's important that we listen to ourselves to keep the balance. When we take up arms and war internally, we create a stressful situation for ourselves.
Having had battles and confrontations all year, these coming weeks will be lived in much calmer mood. Perhaps it's like machinery - takes a while to rev it up. Had I been born in the middle of the year, I may be on full gear by christmas - but then, I wouldn't know since I am not a cancerian or gemini child. I have no clue of what affects them.

AND so, with my winding down mood in place, I am tireously planning for short breaks. Although I hate the beach/resorts - love the sunrise and sunset, but hate the idea of an endless volume of sea water - I will plod along for a break to some beach and try to be like most people - resort vacationers.

It may be a struggle, but it's necessary for me to think I'm just a regular person, now and then.
It's not just necessary for me. It's necessary for everyone to just be themselves for a bit.
After all, no matter who we are, or what we personify, we are still people, with needs to be human-ised, if there is such a word.

No comments: