About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 08, 2007

sunset at sea

This was a shot I took on the way back to Singapore last friday. The sun was setting - the view was peaceful. The sea wasn't quite as calm, but just watching the rays of the sun coming down to the water surface was so very pretty. It would have been great to have this moment shared but I was pretty much alone - after a long day at a site inspection.
The sea breeze added to the ambience and at times like this, you'd want to share that moment with someone - because every book about relationships would talk about romantic sunsets. I could share this with Frisco, but well, he may be so mesmerised that he'd fly off into the sunset!

Well, books are just books and meant for light reading, with the exception of text books, which we should take them seriously, unless we are refuting some research finding.

Perhaps, I'll be spared the agony of never seeing this sunset alone again - if we start on this project. Somehow, although it felt lonely, it comforted me. It's not a loneliness alone, but the solitude alone, which I have grown to treasure. It's a moment only for me. Over the years, I have gotten used to it, and as such, I savour robbed moments to be just me.
Sure, it's a dream to be wrapped like sushi, and still survive being chowed on.
I needed to watch this sunset, because I needed to know that there are still beautiful things on this earth that I can appreciate for me.

Take a boat trip out and watch the sun go down.
It takes you away from the hustle and bustle of this chronic island and reminds you that we need to focus on the simpler things in life.

No comments: