About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 23, 2007

grooming

What's the difference between looking good and being well-groomed?
I guess, when a person looks good, it's in the face - must have the all appealing face, without blemishes i.e. relatively good skin, and having the face proportionately arranged.
Being well-groomed means, a person could just be average in terms of how they look i.e. face, but the extra care taken to dress, carry oneself, makes the person attractive too.

I am not one for looks, simply because we all know that it may just be that - looks. Everything else about that person could be way below the acceptable range.
I am also not one who is impressed by a sloppy-looker/dresser with a below average character ranking either.

It's just that when I flipped on the TV a few nights ago, there was a local talk show, having a discussion about it. They concluded that looks do matter.

I felt that the message wasn't correct.
It's like this make-over thingie - send someone there and poof, they will emerge looking different.

I don't think it's just in the looks.
Imagine a good looker who doesn't have clear diction or eloquence in expression...he may be able to mesmerise the onlookers for a second, but afterwards, it's down the scale, all the way. AND then, even looking on, will be an eyesore.

No comments: