About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 15, 2008

apartment saga continues

With the property prices finally approaching reality, there is reprieve for everyone, home buyers and renters alike. Strange how people would turn their backs on good offers, with the hope of making a killing. I have joined the group looking for an apartment to rent therefore, I'm glad that more supply is coming into the market and that finally, things can return to normal. Many share my sentiments, because some of my friends live in developments trying to go enbloc from last year and still trying this year.
For these group, it's not the money they will get from the collective sale that's important, it's having to move out of their home, something you have built-up over the years and finding another shell to breed familiarity which could never be the same. For me, moving to the east coast has nothing to do with having the sea close by - I'm not a beach lover, nor one who could just stand at the patio daily to admire the seaview. I'm relocating because shuttling my son to school from the north to the east twice daily is quite a feat besides the fact that my marital status is about to change. That is secondary - it has always been me and only me giving myself consideration in this relationship.
And so the apartment hunt continues - was quite set on a 2-bedroom apartment, although space would be a major constraint - never mind my shoes - what the rest of my household gadgets?
Everyday I pray, that there is a nice landlord who can appreciate that I'm finding a temporary home, not just a roof and that for the rental he will be collecting, his apartment will be in tip-top condition - since make-do is really not in my vocabulary.

No comments: